BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I've been scouring the internet for the last 6 months to find a decent 330d or 335d which fits all my requirements!

I'm pleased to say my search has finally come to an end and I'm now the proud owner of a 335d M Sport 2007 plate, Black with Full main dealer service history and one owner.

I collected the car earlier in the week an I'm very happy with it but would like to rectify a couple of niggles.

I have the i-drive system with Pro Nav, Bluetooth, phone prep in glove box and an aux in, unfortunately I don't have ipod integration and this is a big want for me as I like the idea of using the i-drive knob for navigating the ipod in a very similar fashion to what the ipod uses.

I've been looking on these forums for quite some time and there are some posts relating to retrofits and 3rd party kits etc. but some of the posts are a little dated now and also I find the conflicting reports and results a little confusing.

Same goes for retrofitting the front PDC to the car.

I've contacted the main dealer and had some figures in mind based on various posts I have seen on here and other forums but the prices they called me back with almost knocked me off my seat!

Quote to retrofit the ipod kit - £984.35 inc VAT
Quote to retrofit the front PDC - £1464.96 inc VAT

This seems ridiculously expensive and 2 or 3 times the amount others have mentioned on here, this is the main dealers in Lincoln, does this sound right??

Thanks in advance,

Matt

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would go ask a good indy in your area about fitting the bmw ipod connector. It cost me £360 ish and that only because my 2005 car needed a software update so the iDrive could see and talk to the ipod. Controlling from iDrive/steering is a breeze now and very safe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kam, was that parts and labor or just the labor?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
That was all in mate

·
Registered
724 Posts
So you have an aux in under the arm rest but not the USB input?

I just assumed that pro-Nav came with the USB? Happy days if not - looks like I have more options than I thought :cool:

I believe there's a Denison something or other you can get. There's a chap on here called chrissy marr or some such who did this to a 535d recently. Might be worth checking that out.

And by the way... having front pdc spoils you for parking any other car :hihi It's good but just bear that in mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kam, many thanks. Can you browse by playlist etc on the cars screen now then?

Cfore, thanks for the reply. Thats right aux in but no usb or ipod connector, also have the phone harness which looks like its designed to hold something from the original Wall Street!
I have read a few bits regarding the denison but already have bluetooth phone prep so didnt know if this worked together with the denison!
Fully agree with you with regards PCD, I had front and back on my CLC which went in October, so i'm already ruined hence they need :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Kam, many thanks. Can you browse by playlist etc on the cars screen now then?

Cfore, thanks for the reply. Thats right aux in but no usb or ipod connector, also have the phone harness which looks like its designed to hold something from the original Wall Street!
I have read a few bits regarding the denison but already have bluetooth phone prep so didnt know if this worked together with the denison!
Fully agree with you with regards PCD, I had front and back on my CLC which went in October, so i'm already ruined hence they need :)
Kam has the same system as me and I paid a similar price to him.

It does away with the CD changer and controls the I-pod via the CD changer menu. CD1 - CD6 being different menu's that you can go on to select further sub menu's (such as Genre) from. It controls the i-pod fine but does have a finite limit to how many tracks you can have in each sub menu. The trick is remembering what CD1 - CD6 corresponds too. 2 years on I still can't but only ever really use it by genre (cd 4 I think). I added lots of different genres to keep the track numbers in each down (and to weed out my wifes rubbish :))

One drawback is that you can't search for individual tracks, they're listed alphabetically and you have to scroll through them all to find the one you want.

Beats the pants off CD's or having extra bolt on after market things though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Vista, I dont have a cd changer is this going to cause me problems?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts