BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to find out if anyone has had much experience with these 2 respectable remapping companies and how they compare to each other?

I am looking to remap my 335d and wanted to know which one gives the best performance gains and after sales support?

Also is it worth getting a K&N Panel filter after getting a remap done?

Thanks,
Trigs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. I have read many forums and the general concensus is that DMS and Viezu are amonst the top tuners in the UK.

Kind regards,
Trigs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Many thanks for the reply, please can you tell me who can actually do the best remaps?

Kind regards,
Trigs

·
Administrator
4,209 Posts
How far are you prepared to travel and what is your budget?

Bit of a tricky question as to whose best. Technically someone who can hook their laptop up to your car and datalog/monitor before making changes, testing and then making more changes is best but that is probably more than you need. Personally I'd just go to someone with happy customers.

If you look through the vendor sections there are reviews from customers. Mark who posted above used one of the vendors for two of his own cars.

As to panel filters I wouldn't bother. Most of the air filters are shared between lots of models so it looks like they do not restrict airflow.

Ian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. Which vendor claims that they can get the biggest (safest) gains to the car is what I'm looking for I guess. DMS claims that they can get 344BHP and 507 lb torque and Viezu are claiming that they can increase the car by 55BHP and 120Nm torque.

So far these are pretty similar with DMS edging the BHP by 3BHP.

Guess my question is can anyone better these figures and still offer the same kind of after sales support claims?

Kind regards,
Trigs

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got them both trumped!!! Pardon the Pun

Hi,

Check out the E-maps website for gains also.Simon's got your neck of the woods covered.
I think you'll be surprised and not to mention being an approved vendor on the site also.

And you were quoted how much by DMS etc ??

Cheers

·
Administrator
4,209 Posts
There's more to a map than headline power and any rolling road figures should be taken with a pinch of salt. You also wouldn't notice a few bhp difference at the power your talking about. I'd still be comparing the price differences and looking at the reviews.

Ian

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I agree with Ian, you could have 2 maps, one offering 20 bhp gains over the other (hypathetically) but that doesnt mean that its going to be more powerful at certain points in the rev range. it could be 20 bhp peak, but in the meat of the revs where you want the power the one with the lower headline peak could well end up offering you more. Dont be drawn in by power figures, you want the one that offers the best driveability. If that happens to be the one that offers the higher figures as well, then its a bonus :hihi

·
Vendor
4,318 Posts
Viezu are ********* renamed(chip**duk)

out of the 2 i would use DMS

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm an ex Viezu dealer for reasons. I've also had a DMS map on the BMW i had when I purchased it (done by the previous owner) All I can say is that there is much better maps out there and if you wanted to give me a try then call me. You wont be unhappy. From my tuner he has now made a map for a 535D which has been dyno'd and it produced approx 350bhp and a whole heap of torque whilst still be safe and reliable and most of all drivable!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Many thanks for all your opinions. Is there any comparison sites that has done cars before and got actual figures?

Thanks,
Trigs

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Many thanks for all your opinions. Is there any comparison sites that has done cars before and got actual figures?

Thanks,
Trigs
many times !!

343hp and 706nm's..

We offer a try before you buy and 14 days money back.. :thumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts