BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i am thinking of getting a new set of alloys for the car,but not sure what size to go for 18 or 19 my car have stanard suspension ,i want she to look good and i want to do it right so can someone give me some idear what to go for and the off set of the wheel etc which i dont know much about ,my aim is to make her look more sporty and a good stance but not overbore.been thinking of VMR 710 pleasr give me size of wheel and tyres please.

thanks
edmund

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hi all

i am thinking of getting a new set of alloys for the car,but not sure what size to go for 18 or 19 my car have stanard suspension ,i want she to look good and i want to do it right so can someone give me some idear what to go for and the off set of the wheel etc which i dont know much about ,my aim is to make her look more sporty and a good stance but not overbore.been thinking of VMR 710 pleasr give me size of wheel and tyres please.

thanks
edmund
we have avant garde m310 same as vmr 710 but better quality.you neeed 19x8.5 te53 and 19x9.5 et35 markvorny has them on his now and he will confoirm what tyre saizes he has on them.mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks do I have to lower the car to make the best of the new alloy or it should look ok??

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hi Ping, the best way to ensure that you fill the arches too the MAX! is working out the tyre wheel combo with maths! A bigger diameter wheel can end up with a smaller overall tyre/wheel combo!

Wide wheels are not always the best! You get terminal tramlining and twitchy handling! Whereas, if you pick the correct combo with the correct ET (Offset) you can achieve the same result (or BETTER!) without the disadvantages.

Lowering your car makes a significant difference to its looks and should also be addressed with function over fashion.

Dunk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks bratty
can you give me some idear what off set i should go for and wheel and tyre size i think i will go for 18 inch thanks

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
thanks bratty
can you give me some idear what off set i should go for and wheel and tyre size i think i will go for 18 inch thanks

I need to have a look at what is available, but as I say you have to work it out yourself! I have fitted Breyton Race GTS to my E46 and at the back it was too tight and had to have the arches stretched, you have to look at your original wheel overall diameter and do the old PixD!

Dunk

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
thanks bratty
If you go 8J / 9J Front and Rear, you want ET37/39 to go factory OEM.

8.5J / 9.5J, you want ET35.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Mark

wot size you think i shound go for 18 or 19 inch which size look better on the E90,and what is the down size of fitting bigger wheel??

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
18's will be the more resolved ride, 19's 'fill' the arches better, but the ride will be more harsh. Coupled with that harsher ride, the tyres are more expensive too.

If you have the standard SE suspension, I would be tempted to go 18's as the 19's may look a little 'stilt' like without the slightly lower suspension the 'Sport' model offers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts