BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,my 1st post.
Ive had my2007 1 series 118i se now for about 6 mths with no issues. Recently it developed a slight misfire which is getting progressively worse.Took it to my mates garage & diagnostics showed misfire on cylinder 4.
He rang his m8 whos a technician at BMW who said " we generally change the plug coil & injector for that " Talk about covering all bases & raking it in!! lol

Any how seeing as it was BMW serviced just before warranty ran out at 14000
& its only done 18000 & the service book indicates plugs were changed i was advised to change the coil. Ive worked on cars all my life & thought it would be a simple job but i cant even get the plastic engine cover off !!!
Im assuming i remove the 2 screws at the front & the oil filler cap & it should pull up/forward & off. But its not budging ,is there something ive missed or are they simply very tight? My m8s gone away for a weeks hol so this is my best referance point at the moment.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ben is correct. You need to remove the microfilter housing and you will find 2 more screws holding the cover down at the back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thx for the replies guys.I got there in the end. Yes there was another screw at the back & yes i had to take off the pollen filter , along with the main piece of trim under the filter & all its cables & fixings.The link to the spark plug change was useful when changing the coil as it was very tight to get out.Next time i need to get in there it should take a fraction of the time - always the same once you've sussed it lol.
Cars purring again.
I appreciate the help -thanks again. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts