BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Had this BMW 118i, automatic bought at around 18k mileage about a month ago and a 2007 reg.

After a week or so there was an oil leak under the vehicle. The dealer said the sump gasket needed to be replaced and was done under the warranty.

Now over the past week. The car wasn't driven for a day, when switched on started to violently shake. Called the technicians out they replaced one of the coils under the warranty.

The following day attempted to drive the car, when putting on the brake pedal would violently shake and could hear a loud screeching noise. When the technician came he couldn't find anything. He said go to the dealer.

Could somebody shed some light on the possible reasons why this maybe happening?

And what are my rights with regards to a refund. Already tried to speak to the dealer where I bought it from and they have already began to be difficult. The vehicle is not roadworthy.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi communicate with customer services at BMW GB, also put all your communications with the dealer in writing. Start with the dealer principal..

·
Registered
536 Posts
With regards to your right to refuse the car, BMW give you a month usually and if there are issues within that time then you can hand the car back and they will try and source you another one.

I just went straight to BMW when I had issues with my car, at the end of the day the garage is only going to go via them anyway and I got a much quicker resolution.

15 years ago BMW had to buy back my Dads 5 Series he bought because it had 14 gearboxes of which 7 were put into the car and they failed. My sisters first Polo was also bought back by VW due to issues like breakdown every other day etc.

Only issue is if you've lost confidence in the car if they do say they will replace the car with another then you'll be forced to get another BM. If your looking for a like for like replacement then thats going to be very difficult and they may try and force you to get a new one.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Sounds like nothing more than worn out pads or maybe warped disks? Should he a simple enough diagnosis/repair? Why give it back for a basic wear item?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts