BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

My name is Loz and I'm new to the forum, and would like some help please.

My wife's 1 Series 118d has the ABS and DSC light on, which I have found out is the 5e20 internal pressure sensor fault. I want to repair the modulator myself as I'm and ABS/DSC engineer for Bosch so I'm used to taking modulaors apart. I found the code myself using a Bosch tool and have since had it confirmed by and engineer from Conti (the manufacturer of the unit) Can any one tell me what are the contents of the repair kit part number 34516797896 please before I order one.

Many Thanks

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Hello all

My name is Loz and I'm new to the forum, and would like some help please.

My wife's 1 Series 118d has the ABS and DSC light on, which I have found out is the 5e20 internal pressure sensor fault. I want to repair the modulator myself as I'm and ABS/DSC engineer for Bosch so I'm used to taking modulaors apart. I found the code myself using a Bosch tool and have since had it confirmed by and engineer from Conti (the manufacturer of the unit) Can any one tell me what are the contents of the repair kit part number 34516797896 please before I order one.

Many Thanks
The repair kit comes as the whole modulator Loz....:thumbsup
Dunno why they call it a repair kit...:confused

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your help and advice, I'll order a kit and let you know how I get on, shame BMW don't use Bosch modulators on these models...

Cheers...

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Thanks for all your help and advice, I'll order a kit and let you know how I get on, shame BMW don't use Bosch modulators on these models...

Cheers...
Keep us posted. At least the Bosch ones have the sensors in the brake lines. Shame Teves didnt have the same idea...:frown

1 - 9 of 9 Posts