BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there

Can anyone help? The display screen in my car is blank just black it flips up when car is started and radio etc plays but there is not display meaning I cant use sat nav etc. It has been like it for a few days now!

Has anyone got an experience of this? Is it expensive to fix?etc?

Many Thanks

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
When you say 'it flips up' - can you explain that?

Can you change from radio to anything else, even if you can't see the screen itself? If you can then the fault is clearly with the screen or lead(s) to it. If none of the functions work (apart from the radio) the issue may be different. Does it have i-drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you start the car it opens up and you can see the screen which displays the sat nav, radio, consumption etc that works fine but its just a black screen!
Yes I can change from radio to cd etc but cant use sat nav or see mpg or how much fuel i have left etc cause there is no display.
Whats I drive?
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 X3 Display Screen RESET - Blank Screen will not auto open or close FIXED

My 2007 BMW X3's Flip-Up Navigation/Radio Screen stopped operating. It would not open or close automatically and the screen was blank, black. I called Global BMW in Atlanta and they said there was NO RESET option on this model. I asked about fuses and if that might be the issue. He thought not but confirmed the location... ie in the glove compartment at the top.... simply rotate the two 2 tabs towards you and the fuse panel can drop down for access. The paper in the box can be removed and will show you which fuses control which instrument/function. He BMW tech didn't think this was worth checking... but he suggested disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes to reset all systems. If that didn't work, he suggested bringing it in (45 minutes each way) and $145 to diagnosis the issue.

Being stubborn... of course the first thing I did was open the fuse panel and determined there are 3 fuses that are related to the Display. I pulled each but they were all good. I replaced them and closed the panel. Just for grins, I started the car to see if what I did made a difference... and I was happy to see that the Display opened automatically and the Screen worked !!! I suspect that by pulling the fuses I basically did a reset (but just for the display), the same effect as connecting the battery cable but not removing power from all components such as the radio and not losing my station settings - not a big deal if lost, just an unnecessary inconvenience.

Hope this helps someone out there... slewis5031

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, could you fix the screen??

Hi there

Can anyone help? The display screen in my car is blank just black it flips up when car is started and radio etc plays but there is not display meaning I cant use sat nav etc. It has been like it for a few days now!

Has anyone got an experience of this? Is it expensive to fix?etc?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
I thought (read or heard somewhere) that BMW Nav screens could be reset by holding down the volume button for >20 seconds, maybe 30?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts