BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appear to have a slight problem with my 07 E60 PDC button. The PDC initiates fine when engaging reverse gear, however I cannot manually switch on/off PDC via the swich on the centre console.

Having looked at the online WDS I've come to the conclusion that the button is the most likely fault - hopefully nothing more sinister. In fact I'm sure that it may even be a cable that has become detached as when the lights are on the illumination is ok on all other instruments (ie DSC button is illuminated) except the PDC.

Any ideas on how to get to this easily, or is it best to get it into the dealer and get them to check it out as its still under 3 years old?

Any help appreciated, cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I was bored this morning and curiosity got the better of me. As I'm getting ready to order up the kit to do a Parrot CK3000 install with steering wheel interface etc, I thought I'd do a trial run of the dash strip out. This was surprisingly easy, sho whilst the panel were out I flipped out the bottom of the console that houses the DST and PDC switches.

The PDC switch cabling was all connected up correctly, I'm assuming the unit has failed as the illumination also doesn't work on the switch. Anyway, I noted down the numbers on the switch, can anyone make sense of them (I've sussed the manufacture date ;) )

BMW 6131
9-137-917-04 29.03.07
Valeo 502-240
ZI F HW 02 SW 02

Which is the actual part number?

EDIT: Sussed it, P/N is 61319137917

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ronnie, thanks for that, like you say the discontinuation may indicate a problem. Out of interest, where did you get the price from, the link provided has nothing in the price column?

I'm going to give a local dealer a call this week to see if I can get this under warranty. I bought the car from an independant so I don't know how they will react to a potential warranty claim, no doubt they'll try and stiff me initially!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Ronnie, thanks for that, like you say the discontinuation may indicate a problem. Out of interest, where did you get the price from, the link provided has nothing in the price column?

I'm going to give a local dealer a call this week to see if I can get this under warranty. I bought the car from an independant so I don't know how they will react to a potential warranty claim, no doubt they'll try and stiff me initially!
Put the part number in here http://www.cooper-bmw-parts.co.uk/ :thumbsup

Let us know the outcome :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called a dealer close to my workplace today to ask about the problem, they were surprisingly helpful. Took mine and the cars details and informed me that it is still covered by warranty. They booked her in for Friday 17th with the get out that if the problem was caused by outside influences I would be charged an hours rate for a diagnostics check (£132 per hour :confused)

Anyway, I'm sure it's not been caused by any fooling around, i'll let you know how it all goes.

Chips Away are coming sorting out the bits that the last not very careful owner left as their signature, then she should be back to something like showroom condition :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took her in to dealership today to have the PDC checked out. Got the call later to say that the button and plug assembly had failed and that it WAS a warranty item. They've had to order up the bits so she's back in again next Friday to have them fitted.

Must say I was impressed with the dealer, no quibbles about the warranty works, plus they cleaned and vaccuumed the car.
I'll post up my final results next week, Wednesday is Chips Away day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the switch cluster replace at dealership yesterday and all is now operating as it should.

Thanks for the help on this :D

My bumper scuffs have been cleared aswell now so I'm happy with her, just need to retrofit bluetooth when the pennies have stocked up again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.