BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,i was just wondering does anyone have an idea how i can best play/charge my i phone/i pod in my 07 E60..Also any ideas on a neat cradle to stop them sliding all over the place when im on the road and driving me nuts
Any advice welcome :thumbsup

·
Registered
43 Posts
Depends how much u wanna spend, I've just bought a bury cc9060 music hands free kit. It's cost me about £175 to buy and get fitted. It has an iPod!/iPhone connection that charges and also has a 3.5mm Jack plug for mp3. It's all voice activated and I love it.
Or..
You could buy one of those radio frequency things, but in my experience they're all crap

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends how much u wanna spend, I've just bought a bury cc9060 music hands free kit. It's cost me about £175 to buy and get fitted. It has an iPod!/iPhone connection that charges and also has a 3.5mm Jack plug for mp3. It's all voice activated and I love it.
Or..
You could buy one of those radio frequency things, but in my experience they're all crap
Oh that sounds the job surely,is it a big job to fit or would i need it done for me..At the moment i am listening to the i pod through the aux connection on the back of the armrest but have nowhere to sit the i pod..Where did you get that kit????:thumbsup

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do u have a cig. Lighter in there to?? If so there is a cable u can buy that plugs into it and has an iPod lead for charging and the 3.5mm Jack.
The bury cc9060 music I got off eBay for £125 and paid £50 to get it fitted. You need someone to do it for u really as it's abit in depth.
If you have a cig. Lighter with ur aux(3.5 Jack) the cable is about £8. And then I can just get a nice cradle to hold ur iPod....let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do u have a cig. Lighter in there to?? If so there is a cable u can buy that plugs into it and has an iPod lead for charging and the 3.5mm Jack.
The bury cc9060 music I got off eBay for £125 and paid £50 to get it fitted. You need someone to do it for u really as it's abit in depth.
If you have a cig. Lighter with ur aux(3.5 Jack) the cable is about £8. And then I can just get a nice cradle to hold ur iPod....let me know

Yeah i have 2 cig lighters 1 either side of the aux connection,these connections are looking into the back (eg on the back of the centre console)of the car if u know what i mean..tell me more about this cradle and lead (any pics) and i will def take one off ya..;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Abit of crossed wires on my last Post, I ment to say that u can get a nice cradle.
I know what u mean about the sockets being in the back, mmm. It could be abit messy with adaptors and exposed cables to get ur iPod charging.
I'll post a pic of my setup on here tomorrow so u can have a look for yourself.
Also, u could find your local car audio shop and have a word with them to see if they know of some ore way around it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here are the pics.
as u can see in the first, my ipod in in the sunglasses tray, but the lead in very long and u can put it in the glove box as you can controle the ipod through the hands free kit.

second one looking neat and tidy,

third, with the bury cc9060 music screen detached and you can see the bracket that fits in next to the climate controle/

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Your E60 may be MOST bus and generally a lot different from the E46. Depends on what options you have, like Logic 7, Hifi etc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a parrot kit which lets me operate ipod from a remote mounted to the steering wheel , this is in my van but im sure it would work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts