BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody!

I would like to know if anyone knows why on E60 520d the rear brake pads wear out faster than the front brake pads! Specifically I noticed that CBS reduces the rear brake pads distance by (approximately) a factor of 1,6 while for the front the factor is only 0,7. The original distance in CBS was 50000kms for the rear and 40000kms for the front. I have around 20000kms on the car, and now CBS indicates the remaining distance for the rear at 18000kms (reduced by 32000kms) and for the front at 26000kms (reduced by 14000kms).

I am a driver for 18 years now, and this is the first car i own behaving like this!!! I knew that front brakes wear out faster than the rear ones due to the fact that when braking, the car weight moves forward and thus putting much more pressure to the front brakes.

Does anybody know why I get this kind of behavior from my E60?

Thank you.

********************************************************************************************************************

The brake pads were never changed before. The car was delivered to me June 2007 and now the situation is as I describe it above.

Guys, how do we reply to these posts? I had to edit my original post in order to answer the question posted by NealP.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used to own a FWD vehicle and the Front pads needed changing well b4 the rear. maybe something to do with it being RWD. My front tyres used to be well worn before the rears too.

Not sure but may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everybody!

I would like to know if anyone knows why on E60 520d the rear brake pads wear out faster than the front brake pads! Specifically I noticed that CBS reduces the rear brake pads distance by (approximately) a factor of 1,6 while for the front the factor is only 0,7. The original distance in CBS was 50000kms for the rear and 40000kms for the front. I have around 20000kms on the car, and now CBS indicates the remaining distance for the rear at 18000kms (reduced by 32000kms) and for the front at 26000kms (reduced by 14000kms).

I am a driver for 18 years now, and this is the first car i own behaving like this!!! I knew that front brakes wear out faster than the rear ones due to the fact that when braking, the car weight moves forward and thus putting much more pressure to the front brakes.

Does anybody know why I get this kind of behavior from my E60?

Thank you.
Do you know if your CBS for the rear brake pads was reset when they were last changed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.