BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to get enough water through the windscreen washers, pump fine etc, it would seem from other comments that the filter could be blocked but how do you get to it to replace or clean it

·
Registered
183 Posts
peel back the arch liner on passengers side.

take 3-4 screws from arch liner which fix it to bumper, when you peel it back its right there

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I cant seem to get enough water through the windscreen washers, pump fine etc, it would seem from other comments that the filter could be blocked but how do you get to it to replace or clean it
I disagree

Usually after hard frost (And lack of anti freeze screen wash) the one way valve inside the nozzles get stuck shut.
Two ways to fix

1 - remove and dismantle nozzle assembly, free rubber valve and reassemble and refit.

2. Disconnect the feed lines and use a high pressure airline to reverse air through the nozzles i.e from the bonnet side.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
To all helpers here, thanks for where to find that bottle, I guessed it was under somewhere out of site, I have had the same problems as Chewie, My 320D SE tourer has lost its washer pressure both nozzles so guess it must be in the bottle, now for the fix,
Only trouble if it is at the top end under the bonnet the pipes seem to be hermetically sealed to the injector blocks, not a hose clip in site, so are they fragile?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
To all helpers here, thanks for where to find that bottle, I guessed it was under somewhere out of site, I have had the same problems as Chewie, My 320D SE tourer has lost its washer pressure both nozzles so guess it must be in the bottle, now for the fix,
Only trouble if it is at the top end under the bonnet the pipes seem to be hermetically sealed to the injector blocks, not a hose clip in site, so are they fragile?
Borrow the wifes hairdrier, they come off and go back on quite easy once warm. You might want to buy some fuel hose clips (not jubilee clips-too bulky) to keep them secure upon refitting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts