BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at purchasing a 57 reg 120d msport with 27k on the clock. I have never owned a BMW before and have heard the 1 series are very good cars especially the 177bhp 2litre diesel in the car I am looking to buy.

Can anyone give me some tips on what to look for when buying it to make sure i don't get done over.

Kind regards
Richard

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
I had a 120d M-Sport as a loaner for a week and quite liked it as far as small cars go...................however none of my neighbours knocked on the door offering me their daughters so I'd say Jeremy is wrong on that particular score :frown

He's right about the rear leg room and boot size though.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
is he!

no good for my better half with 2 teenagers in tow

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i have a 1 series and find the boot space and rear leg room are ok. bet bet is to nip to the dealer and have a good look over one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Clarkson talks bollox at times. How much did he rate his Ford GT that kept on breaking down all the time :hihi. OP, the 120d is a good economical car...mine gives 45 to the gallon combined :thumbsup...because my right foot has become lighter since the fuel increase :hihi

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i recall his beloved Mercedes SL also stayed at the $tealership on numerous occasions!!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
244 Posts
OP,

the 2 liter diesel engines are fab!
the car is nice as well, just got to look at the leg room in the back for yourself & boot space.

things you want to do while getting it is negotiate a good price, get warranty or extended warranty. and if getting from BMW dealer the do a free servicing package for 5 years, try getting them to add that in for free.

January is a quite month for them so they will give you a break on the price and extra's if you push hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts