BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I recently purchased this car and it has an issue I’m trying to resolve. From cold the car starts fine and will run for 5 mins or so with thick white smoke from exhaust and a little from the engine bay. After 5 mins if you try to rev it will cut out and not start again for a few hours.

The car has had a remap, dpf gutted and deleted

I have a code reader bringing up codes below

Codes p14a3. p3263 p14a2

White engine is running its smooth and quiet apart from white smoke and can be driven for a few mins.

I’m a bit stuck with this at the moment and not sure if I need bmw specific code reader to read codes properly.

Any advice would be great

Thanks guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does smell look me fuel. Can’t be certain as previous owner said he had it done

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does smell look me fuel. Can’t be certain as previous owner said he had it done

I mean “does smell like fuel to me”

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just to add, white smoke when cold can be the glow plugs not working, I have the issue myself.

My sealy scan tool does not show the glow plug errors, that my brother's 2017 snap on tester does.

So up may need to check if your tester shows the glow plugs - could disconnect a plug and see if it flags it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to add, white smoke when cold can be the glow plugs not working, I have the issue myself.

My sealy scan tool does not show the glow plug errors, that my brother's 2017 snap on tester does.

So up may need to check if your tester shows the glow plugs - could disconnect a plug and see if it flags it
Thanks for your input. I did think of compression however when it’s running from cold it’s smooth as anything and drives fine. Also it’s had a recon engine about 13 months ago.

I think I need to get it scanned with a better tool to try and pin point the issue(s)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slight tick tick noise when idling although very smooth. I think I’m gonna strip out the injectors and send them off for testing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts