BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2006 E92 335i - Rear uneven ride height

7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  lee_h 
#1 ·
I have noticed that the ride hight on the rear of my 335i coupe is lower on the drivers side by about 10mm than that of left . What could be broken / worn. It has had a wheel bearing replace 12months ago could this be related?

Any thoughts welcome before I take it to the dealer. It does have a 12month extended warranty will this be covered?

Thanks

#4 ·
I have same prob, 10 mm on drivers side, but on the front. Feels odd. Dealer said it was ok and within limits. Another dealer said they couldnt see anything... Only part failure would be done with warranty. 10 mm is the limit... Ive not seen others like it i n car parks, or going the other side. Guess mine was owned by a heavy person before.
Does it feel odd when driving? Test drove a different car, it had a similar feel, when i drove it on my work route, despite looking ok when parked. What seats you got? Mine are bog standard... The leather ones feel better and you dont notice it. Trying to get used to it... Ho hum.

#5 ·
It does not sound right about it being part of the design as other coupes I have seen do not have it. It does drive ok but I have not driven on a track to check. I have seen posts about batteries and full tanks etc but surely that not correct as the tank is spread over the axel and the battery is of insignifficant weight. I just wondered if there is any adjustment on the ride height or if its a spring / damper issue. Thoughts?

#6 ·
As long as there are no faulty suspension items, the ride height is usually lower on drivers side. Usually more noticeable when you have a full tank of fuel. 10mm is the max permisable difference on the rear axle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.