BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a squeaking noise when driving at slow speeds, 5-20mph. It is intermittent so sounds like something that's happening when a wheel is rotated to a certain point. At really slow speeds you hear it every few seconds or so.

Any ideas what could cause it, fix it etc? Something rubbing on the wheel perhaps, the brakes even?

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
870 Posts
If it's from the rear, probably the wear sensor dragging on the disc face (metal on metal). Do a search, there's loads on the web about this fault...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just put my car in for some niggling issue repair at series nine in Nottingham (seemed like a great place).

Amongst the issues the squeaking rear wheels (mostly rear left i think) was one of them.

They couldn't reproduce the squeaking from cold but on inspection it looked like my rear pads were on there way out. Nothing drastic, but it was coming up. In the end i got them replaced and the sensors changed. It's only been 1 day since the repair but the squeaking has drastically improved. Infact as it was i'm hoping to say its gone completely, touch wood it'll stay gone!! Maybe it was the same issue as you barry.morgan! Oddly the car reported that my pads weren't due for 12,000 miles but apparently those sensors are a bit variable. Infact it was a two day job as the first new replacement pads and sensor didn't actually work properly, with the sensor just not working. So had that fixed the following day and now seems fine.

For anyone else who encounters this issue, identify your wheels at fault and go get them checked out, sensors, pads whatever... my car is now NEARLY squeak free :)

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts