BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just had a yellow constant engine fault light come on the dashboard.
Anybody have any ideas as to why this has happened and what it could be.

Having just bought the car I really hope its nothing serious

Any help please...

Thankyou

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree the yellow "engine" light can have many causes, I would be interested what are the 5 or 10 most common ones in the E90.

In my case (see my posts in this thread, last one today) I have been told the engine light means I need to replace the catalytic converter - a major, expensive bit of work. There may subsequently need to be testing of the sensors.

I have started reading up on this, and I have a number of questions, should I stick with BMW parts, is there only 1 converter in the E90, are there any options apart from replacement etc.

Greg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree the yellow "engine" light can have many causes, I would be interested what are the 5 or 10 most common ones in the E90.

In my case (see my posts in this thread, last one today) I have been told the engine light means I need to replace the catalytic converter - a major, expensive bit of work. There may subsequently need to be testing of the sensors.

I have started reading up on this, and I have a number of questions, should I stick with BMW parts, is there only 1 converter in the E90, are there any options apart from replacement etc.

Greg
Start a new thread my friend :thumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update

Had my car plugged in this morning. Fault came up as vanos intake.
Garage reset and not come back on again. They were not sure that fault was because it's not a common one.
It was a BMW independent so they do know what they are on about.
Thet told me to drive away and see what happens....

Anybody had this same fault?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts