BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from my earlier thread about my 4501 EGR code, I realised after some research that my car won't regen with an EGR fault, so its been 6 months of driving mostly short journeys with no PDF regen...which I would've thought would cause some issues, except, I don't have any DPF fault codes, the car pulls like a train, knocks out a bit of smoke on full gas and has had consistently sooty tailpipes since I bought it, so now I'm think someone has gutted the DPF.

The DPF canister is still on the car, the right hand side looks OEM, but I can't see the engine side, the gas pressure reads 0 milibars at idle and rarely goes over 10, it counts down to a DPF regen, then nothing happens, exhaust gas temperature never goes past about 280.

Is there any difinitive way of telling if its still present of not?

Thanks

·
Vendor
4,134 Posts
I would think someone has gutted removed the dpf

If you can pop down to us we can check if needed

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
BMW Ecu repairs.
BMW remote Keys made and cut same day with or without car even if all keys lost we can supply you a key like the dealers do.
Key data fixed for non starters or when theft attempted.
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal of its guts or replacement.
40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Unit 8&9
alpha industrial estate
Clayton Rd
Hayes
Middlesex
UB3 1BB

or