BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My car recently in for the heater unit recall and BMW noted that the driver side is badly leaking. I have since had it on a ramp and it is pretty bad. I'm surprised it got through the MOT a few weeks before the recall.....

BMW have quoted £288.00 per front E90 M Sport shock (inc. bump stops) but I am now wondering if a better option may be to replace all 4 with a set of Koni FSDs as the cost is about the same.

From what I can find the Koni FSDs are supposed to be very good and should improve the ride quality. However, my main concern is whether they will alter the ride height of the car at all. I like it as it is and it can't be any lower due to the speed humps in the area. Or would they not make any difference using the stock sport springs?

Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Craig

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been looking at these Konis this weekend.
As far as I can make out, it's the yellow Sport dampers that are shorter, to work with shorter springs and lower ride height, and the red FSD's are matched to std length springs - in fact if you don't buy the "kit", the dampers just go on with your old springs.
Check with Koni first though, but that's what I get from their website.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
im getting front shocks fitted today,,,auto doc (TRW) pair delivered for £73..look great quality..also my rear nearside is leaking,,but last owner had fitted a new offside on 7 months ago,,so im just fitting the leaky one..i never fit in singles but on this occasion i am..will have to see what brand is on,,also getting exhaust das temp sensor today,,e92 335d,,my e90 had sachs fitted shocks when i bought it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts