BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

My 320d windscreen washer arent working, as i can here the pump circulating but no water coming out of the jets.

I have been to BMW and they have advised that it may be the filter in the tank which is blocked...

I asked BMW to how much they might charge as the filter is £2 +VAT, they advised it will cost in the region of £100.

Does any one have a step by step guide on how to remove and replace the filter and clean the bottle out.

Thanx Jag

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the help ronnie. I did have a bash at it the weekend which took in the region of 2 to 3 in taking of the wheel arch, take the bottle out and refit the new filter and but back together. Thanx for the help

Jag

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have an airline there is a much quicker option. Pull the washer hose off from where it connects to the wipers on the drivers side... Note you do not need to remove any panels to do this... And blow air up this hose and back into the washer fluid tank. You'll hear bubbles being blown in the washer fluid and before too long the gunk from the bottom of the tank will wash out with the fluid. Very easy. Job done in under 5 minutes. In fact you can do this job in less than 60 seconds. No need to pay the stealers for this one...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts