BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I have an E90 318i ( blame insurance companies for that).Ever since I bought it, the hose that is between the air filter box and the MAF keeps coming out on the air filter box side, I took it off and seen that it is a bit chipped on the edge and that is causing it to come off while driving. My problem is......I can't seem to find any part number for that hose or even diameter size so I can buy an aftermarket one. Can anyone please help me with this?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Surely it’s held on with metal ring clamp thingy either end. I’ll check mine tomorrow in daylight to confirm, maybe someone in the past had it off and forgot to put back. Either way I’m curious now so will check for that reason alone.

Airbox picture

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is held by a metal clamp on both ends its just that on the air box end no matter hot tight I make it....it just comes off shortly after I drive the car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I’d try a new clamp first as it’s the cheapest thing and rule out your original slipping loose through age/wear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I said in the first post....I am pretty sure the tube itself is damaged on one end. I took the whole thing off and swapped the clamps between them and it didn't solve the problem. Also...what are the chances of engine sucking things in if the tube is not on? The tube is off but still in the general direction of the air filter box....there is only a slight gap in between.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh well you’v already done the fault finding basics so probably easier now getting a new hose part; I can’t see it costing very much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts