BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few weeks time I am planning a major detailing session while I am in between teaching jobs.

After doing a bit of reading on the subject of jacking points I am a bit stuck. Getting the car in the air is no issue but the problem arises when the subject of axle stands, It appears that the only sensible place for them is in the main jacking points but how does this work out if the trolley jack is in that location.
Does anyone know of say a central jacking point for the rear and for the front? Alternatively, any location to put the axle stands as from looking about it was not recommended to place them on the axles.
Thanks

Matthew

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know where the central jacking points for the front and rear are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What you can do is jack the car up at the jacking points and place your axle stands on the axle carrier at the back and axle support at the front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after being stuck with the plastic jack locator areas and a bit of research and measuring I produced the following from an ice hockey puck

machine paths

final model

·
Registered
12 Posts
2007 E90 318i

hi there just looking at threads where do you get these jacking points from as one of mine are knackered,

Cheers Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts