BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to save a bit of cash and do these myself, had a quick look yesterday, couldnt see fuel filter looking from above and only air filter i could see without ripping stuff out was at the inlet to the engine which was just like a square like wadding type material which i guess is an additional filter besides the air filter???

seems a non user friendly setup as i had changed oil/air and fuel on the works van in the morning no probs (fiat doblo)

any help greatly appreciated.

anyone know a good workshop cd?

·
Registered
282 Posts
The air filter is located beneath the acoustic cover on the drivers side of the engine and is encased by a plastic trim thats held on by 4x5mm allen bolts. You may need to remove the microfilter housing to gain access to it.

The fuel filter is located underneath the vehicle on the passengers side just to the left of the gearbox, you will need to remove the underbody panal that covers the underneath of the gearbox, not a bad job but maybe tricky on the floor.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate, will maybe have a butchers if the snow goes off, yes its snowing up here in Scotland:jaw-dropping:jaw-dropping:jaw-dropping

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Hi Eddie :D

You may find realoem's website invaluable, just put the last 7 digits of your Vin No. into the "Serial Number" box - press the "Search" button. All your cars details will appear and press "Browse Parts" to enter the Diagram Section of the site.

The diagram below is taken from RealOEM and is specifically for 07/2006 built X3 2.0d M47N2 Engine, the Air Filter is Item#3
X3 2.0d 1310 Fuel Supply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts