BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am hoping somebody can shed some light on a problem i seem to be having with my 116 i series 2006 model, petrol.

The problem is regarding my fuel. the estimated amount that shows how much i have left in the tank in shooting down.
today i had 42 miles left in the tank. i drove just under a mile and the gage went down to 37 miles. i then drove about 4 miles, the gage went down to 30.

i know it is only an estimate but it looks like my petrol is draining away.

from my house to my work it is 12 miles. if i look at the petrol gage it takes off 20+ miles.

i drive my car sensibly to save money. don’t go over 3 revs. drive under 70mph. also checked my tyre pressure.

i hope i have made some sense here and someone can help

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
It's a real time read out mate so from cold, 1sthing the amount of fuel left will do a lot less miles. If you have a range of (say) 50 miles when you leave home, if you find a clear A road or DC and do 50, after a lot of miles you'll have the same range left as the consumption has fallen.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Like neal has mentioned it is just a estimate. If your concerned about fuel economy your best bet is to use a site like fuelly.com to calculate your mpg tank to tank...:thumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts