BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks
i have a 535d m sport ,with a fog lamp that is full of condensation
does anybody have any advive on how to cure it?or more importantly ,remove it?
there is a allen bolt fixing in the front,,but this looks a bit plastic,and more of an adjustment bolt ,,,than that of a removal bolt
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
look in the wheel arch matey - never tried it - but do remember reading there is an access hole there

Reactions: honblade884

·
Registered
458 Posts
they slide into the bumper an there are two stretchy rubber parts that hook over another part. sorry a bit vague cant remember wat they call the bits but its very easy to remove m8

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi

I just replaced both of my E60 fog lamps for the misting (and stone chip rash) and a week later, the new ones have condensation there too!

I obviously fitted the two vent pipes, but nowhere does it say (inc TIS) how they should be orientated. Anyone know for sure?

WRT drilling a hole - where exactly did you place it? Near the front... below the light on the reflector or...

I would have thought that the two existing holes with the rubber pipes would have seen it ok... wonder if removing a rubber pipe (or both) would work too.

Thoughts?

As an aside, I bought them from Eurocarparts and their website chose the wrong lamps for my car so had to return them - it specc'ed the M ones for mine which is wrong - pain in the butt to return things. Worth checking if you buy from them.

David

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If you have new fogs though just fit the vent pipes so they exit downwards and all should normally be well.I would only drill holes in the bottom of the housings cars with old units on that don't seal so well.
If no water is actually floating around in the housing though, grab the little bag that says "silica gel do not eat" often found in various elecrical products and place it in the housing behind the bulb holder. away from the heat.

·
Registered
208 Posts
they slide into the bumper an there are two stretchy rubber parts that hook over another part. sorry a bit vague cant remember wat they call the bits but its very easy to remove m8
one of mine is a bit loose on one side, assume it needs refitting from behind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts