BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

For the past few months I have been experiencing this damn annoying grinding noise and its driving me crazy. This only happens a second before the car fully stops or when I slightly release the brake pedal and start moving. At higher speed there are no sounds from braking, basically it only happens when you drive about a parking lot or something like that. The sound is coming from all wheels. I have replaced the discs and brake pads but the sound is still present. The sound is way more noticeable when stopping downhill.

What makes this happen and how to cure it?

Here is a video I recorded, maybe will help. Here, I slightly release the brake pedal and the grinding occurs.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've heard this before, its vibration being transmitted out through the backing plates on the front, you can either take the backing plates off to prove it or put larger washers on to make them a bit more rigid. I took mine off and left them off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of this, my backing plates are really rusty and worn off. Is it okay to take them off and drive without them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts