BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys (new member)

Can anyone please help me. I have a 530D Sport 06 model with Goodyear Eagle 245/40 R18 93Y NCT 5 run flat tyres. I have set the pressures front 30psi rear 36psi and the road noise is terrible, is this common as i have only had the car a short time. The TYRES ONLY HAVE 1500 miles on them. I am currently driving with the radio turned up so i will either go deaf or mad so the noise problem will not matter. ( can anyone with same model and tyres please let me know if the they set there tyre pressure to the same as mine)

Cheers Richie:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Richie,

I went for the upgraded 19" wheels on my car which are non run flat, as this is a common problem with run flats,they are bloody terrible ! My wife has 19" run flats on her 3 series and the comparision between driving the two is huge...

Sorry for the negative response, but I think you will have to live with the noise until the tyres needs replacing then change them for non run flats..

Hope this helps ?

Phil

·
Registered
865 Posts
I dont think its just down to runflat tyres a lot of it due to cut/pattern of tyre. One thing can say about runflat we get loads of is abnormal tyre wear on edges and cause excessive noise and pulling,down to under inflated tyres. As there runflat look ok, check them and only 1bar pressure in them get it all time. bridgestones terrible for tyre edge wear.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i work as a tyre fitter and run flat tyres are a lot noisier than standard tyres, michelin and bridgestone are among the quietest, also if you do put standard tyres on check with bmw if the rims are ok for them, usally the rims are reinforced on run flats

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.