BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused

Having owned the car for around 3 months now, for the first time tonight I went to use the centre seat belt. Well..............no problems with the belt, but what the hell do you plug it into??????????

There is a nicely tailored space just off centre where a buckle should sit, but it is empty. The buckles for the right and a left hand passenger are in plain site, but the centre buckle is a mystery.

If I push my hand between the backrest and the seat in the vacinity of the place it should go, I think I can feel a piece of belt connected to some sort of bracket, but I can't fish it out for love nor money. I have read about removing the back seat and that it is easy. Well I have given it a little tug here and there and it won't budge. As you can imagine I am somewhat reluctant to give it an almighty tug.

God I love a good story :)

Any pearls of wisdom greatfully received.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Red. private dealer as opposed to BMW. I think it has been shoved behind the seat, but it is such a tight fit I can only assume it was done if someone removed the seat and then didn't pull it through when they put it back. BMW confirmed when I bought the car that it is sound and it had FBMWSH. Interestingly it passed it's first MOT last March (6 months before I bought it) and I thought all the belts need to work for it to pass? A mystery me thinks!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Red. I did and they helped over the phone!!!!!!!!!

Blimey I almost collapsed.:)

Basically it had been shoved down behind the seat. BMW guy told me how to get the back seat out (dead easy infact), and there was the buckle.

All sorted now.

Have a great Christmas and New Year.:thumbsup

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there can you tell me how to remove the rear seat as my boys have lost some of there DS games down the isofix part, they pulled the cover off.

Many thaks

Jason

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll tell you what I did, but as our cars are not the same I don't know if what I did is identical in your car.

Firstly, imagine you are sitting in the rear seat on the right or on the left (not in the middle).

Secondly, put your hands between the back of your knees and the seat and then feel down until the seat finishes.

You now need to get off of the seat, but remember where you had put your hands. Basically on my car you give the seat a sharp tug upwards on the right and on the left. The seat is held in place by a clip on each side which just pops out when you tug. You then lift the seat up and pull it forward to get behind it.

The reverse puts the seat back.

Sorry for this poor explanation it is difficult to describe. If you want to clarify what I have said then just ask and I will try to elaborate, but as I said it may not be the same on your car.

What I would say is that I asked my BMW dealer how to do it and the guy was quite happy to tell me, adding "you can't break anything". Famous last words I know but for me it really was that easy and nothing did break. Good luck.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts