BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car started to vibrate slightly under braking so I thought I may have lost some weights off the wheels, the next day going to work the vibration turned in to a judder making me thinking a defect tyre, had a quick look nothing found got to work sat but then later in the day when I was returning home the juddering was getting worse under braking I could see the steering wheel vibrate, managed to limp home slowly (everywhere was closed sat afternoon).
Took both front wheels off to see if there was anything I could notice, just looking did not reveal anything, I am now thinking it could be a shock failed? I am a keen DIY on my car but no expert. can anyone shed any light on the issue before I book it in on Monday please.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
382 Posts
my car started to vibrate slightly under braking so I thought I may have lost some weights off the wheels, the next day going to work the vibration turned in to a judder making me thinking a defect tyre, had a quick look nothing found got to work sat but then later in the day when I was returning home the juddering was getting worse under braking I could see the steering wheel vibrate, managed to limp home slowly (everywhere was closed sat afternoon).
Took both front wheels off to see if there was anything I could notice, just looking did not reveal anything, I am now thinking it could be a shock failed? I am a keen DIY on my car but no expert. can anyone shed any light on the issue before I book it in on Monday please.

Thanks for reading
Most likely your discs need replacing. I have the same issue.... quite violent at high speeds. Happens when the discs are warped.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a violent judder at low speeds, did not dare drive faster whilst it was happening, I did stop and touch wheels hub and caliper and they did not seem hotter then normal, I am about to change the lower suspension arms and see what happens.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Experts said more likely the front upper suspension arms, so as I had time changed them and the front lower, same?? changed the discs and now fine

·
Registered
42 Posts
You are saying that you changed the discs and now it brakes fine?
Experts said more likely the front upper suspension arms, so as I had time changed them and the front lower, same?? changed the discs and now fine
Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had same problem, mainly when braking slightly harder than normal, violent judder, I had a new lower arm fitted and problem cured at 60 and under but still a slight vibration at higher speeds when I step on brakes hard but nothing like it was, not sure if discs are warped or upper arm is on way out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts