BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2006 E60 525d - New Shoes......(Pics)

3K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  salmanhamid 
#1 ·

Fitted them yesterday and i love em. Have reduced road noise too.

Got them from Alloywheels.com. Had dramas gettin them delivered to Germany but they were really hepfull. They sent a bolt kit that didnt fit my E60, rang them up and they said keep the set you have and they will send me a new set to fit.....top notch effort. :D

See less See more
#5 ·
Cheers....:thumbsup

Remap Saturday hopefully....

#7 ·
Do you think it needs lowering a bit? :confused

#8 ·
Looks good.

Off topic but how long do you spend over in Germany with the car and as it's still on UK plates I assume you still have UK insurance? Do you have any problems getting extended European cover? I may be working in Germany for an extended period and want to take my car with me, not sure what my insurance company are going to say though

#9 ·
Where abouts in Germany if you dont mind me asking?

#11 ·
I know that most insurance companies will cover you in Europe but you have to return to the UK after so many days but then go straight back....

#12 ·
Sorry to the mods for the title of this thread...

#13 ·
they really suit your car mate - nice!!!!!

#14 ·
Thanks.

You think it needs lowering?

#15 ·
NO !!!!!!!!

leave her alone - remember less is more in the "five" world

#18 ·
Maybe only to drop 20mm.......:shifty:

#16 ·
They look the mutts nuts DS :D

Need lowering? maybe eibach pro kit springs,iirc they should drop it 30mm.

I'm curious as to why you had to use a UK company when I would have thought there would be a bountiful supply of alloy suppliers in Germany?
what numbers are you hoping from the remap???

:thumbsup

#17 ·
The look the mutts nuts DS :D

Need lowering? maybe eibach pro kit springs,iirc they should drop it 30mm.

I'm curious as to why you had to use a UK company when I would have thought there would be a bountiful supply of alloy suppliers in Germany?

:thumbsup
The Germans are heavy into thier alloys and i compared alot of prices and the UK prices beat em everytime....

Reactions: SlowTech
#19 ·
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

#20 ·
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

#26 ·
Tyres - 245/35R19 PRIMEWELL PZ900 XL 93W FRONT

Tyres - 275/30R19 PRIMEWELL PZ900 96W XL REAR

Nothing special but I like em.....

#27 ·
thought they were cos the tread pattern profile carries over more to the sidewall of the tyres than some brands, they were noted for it on some discussion boards during my searches and investigation on budget tyre brands..

#28 ·
thought they were cos the tread pattern profile carries over more to the sidewall of the tyres than some brands, they were noted for it on some discussion boards during my investigations on budget tyres..
Im not really clued up on tyres. Is that good or bad?

I had these tyres on my previous wheels and had no problems with them. Alot of people dont seem to like them....

#32 ·
DOH!!!!......

Benefits of the forum. You learn something new everyday......:frown

#34 ·
Well I tried to fit the spigot rings that came with the wheels but the dont fit on the hub. But it did give me a chance to hammerite the hub that looked a bit rusty coloured......

Now I have noticed I need to replace pads and discs too.....more expense...Any idea on taking the discs off...:eek

#35 ·
fairly easy its i think its the same as the E46 setup there is just one retaining bolt holding it on the hub on the rear you will have to wind the handbrake shoes off at the adjuster thru one of the bolt holes before you can remove the rear discs..

use a good quality allen bit (7mm IIRC) to remove the retaining bolt as it will no doubt be well in there and you can round them off easy with the wrong tool..

might help you not sure if the actual positions are the same for the parts on a 5 i think they are in the positions actually shown on the picc for the 5 series..

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f18/2002-e46-320td-handbrake-problems-t32245/

http://m3.madrussian.net/diy_rear_brake_pads.shtml (same setup just M3's have 2 retaining bolts)
http://m3.madrussian.net/diy_front_brake_pads.shtml

you dont need any sort of grease with OEM pads they have rubber back shims..

5 series parts positions for handbrake..

im also slightly concerned about your vibration problem with you saying you were supplied with spigot rings that don't fit were the wheels not 5 series specific??

#36 ·
they can't have been - or else he wouldn't have needed said spigot ring????

there is more to the dogsoldier story ............

#37 ·
When I researched them on the website it was car specific so Im thinking it must be a balance issue. Im probably going to give the discs and pads a go....Cheers for all the info

#38 ·
i had this with some halfrauds alloys we stuck on the wifes peugeot 306 some years back. They had spigot rings welded on to the back :jaw-dropping

i spotted this and demanded a refund - went somewhere else

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.