BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,ive got a e46 coupe and i want to know can you swap the front memory +heated seats with the exact ones out of a cabriolet if so, is it a case of removing the four bolts and then rebolt the new ones in place plz lmk
thanks in advance
gindo

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Does the cabriolet have the seat belt fastening point (PILLAR) in the same position as the coupe?

Why am I thinking that for some reason it may be incorporated into the front seat:confused

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi again just found this out from another forum -'vert seats have built in seat belts where as the Coupe ones are attached to the car...so i will not purchase these then .,thanks
gindo

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
tis true...but not so sure it stops you fitting them.
or does it A20?
I would imagine that the cabriolet may have added strengthening to compensate for the seat belt being incorporated in to the seat but I wouldn't know for sure as i've never worked on a cabriolet or E46 for that matter:confused

My territory is the E36:D

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
fwiw,i dont think its a dealbreaker...ok you'll have a seatbelt built into the seat,but you can still use the coupe belt with no problem that i'm aware of ;)
And while you're at it you may as well set about the roof with an angle grinder and hang a duvet over the top:lol

If it's worth doing then it's worth doing right..... That's my motto anyway:rofl

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers everyone ,too much trouble for me so will leave it be till i see some coupe ones ,and yes it would av to be liverpool one thanks A20 RYM
Gindo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.