BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have swapped all 6 injectors on my 6 cylinder 3 litre X5 every thing has been built back up to original speck and there is fuel at the injectors but it just wont fire over does anyone have any ideas of what it could be all the injectors are new and genuine as i bought them from BMW direct

·
Super Moderator
3,502 Posts
Quite difficult to say without trouble codes. Have you tried with easy start or brake cleaner sprayed into intake?

·
Vendor
4,114 Posts
If it doesn’t start on easy start etc
Then there maybe a compression leak

Can you hear a leak by the injectors when cranking

Did you fit new injector sealing rings which can from the dealers as I’ve seen aftermarket ones that have been thinner

Did you check where these copper seal rings sit in the head was clean

BW chiptune

-Tuning BMWs since 1991
-Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
-Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
-New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
-BMW Ecu repairs.
-BMW remote Keys made and cut same day
-Key data fixed in EWS or CAS for non starters or when theft attempted.
-Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
-Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
-DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal
-40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Unit 8&9
alpha industrial estate
Clayton Rd
Hayes
Middlesex
UB3 1BB

or

Spain
Orihuela Costa
+34643890040
+447831103030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it doesn’t start on easy start etc
Then there maybe a compression leak

Can you hear a leak by the injectors when cranking

Did you fit new injector sealing rings which can from the dealers as I’ve seen aftermarket ones that have been thinner

Did you check where these copper seal rings sit in the head was clean

BW chiptune

-Tuning BMWs since 1991
-Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
-Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
-New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
-BMW Ecu repairs.
-BMW remote Keys made and cut same day
-Key data fixed in EWS or CAS for non starters or when theft attempted.
-Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
-Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
-DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal
-40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Unit 8&9
alpha industrial estate
Clayton Rd
Hayes
Middlesex
UB3 1BB

or

Spain
Orihuela Costa
+34643890040
+447831103030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes I have done all that even cleaned all the injector seats its literally as if the injectors arnt firing I have read that trying to use a hand pump as the cranking power of the starter cant build up the pressure in the rail it's the same on Volvo's and Fords but I wanted to know if some knew something ?

·
Super Moderator
3,502 Posts
This can be caused by lost EWS-DDE sync preventing injection. It doesn't always show on codes. This is why I asked what software you have for diagnostics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi i have swapped all 6 injectors on my 6 cylinder 3 litre X5 every thing has been built back up to original speck and there is fuel at the injectors but it just wont fire over does anyone have any ideas of what it could be all the injectors are new and genuine as i bought them from BMW direct
Assuming it is not a diesel have you checked for spark at any of the plugs cause if you do have spark then it has to start with easy start spray(it’ll sputter a lot but it will start)and if it doesn't have spark(which I believe is the problem you are having)then you would have to check each coil individually if none of them have spark then you might have a bad timing sensor also referred to as a crankshaft or camshaft position sensor. Worst case scenario you may have a bad ecm(engine control module)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts