BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have a BMW 730d with standard 18" wheels on there, and I am thinking of putting 22" wheels on it.

This means the profile will go down from 50 to 25 (I *think* thats what the guy said, anyway) - How much (if at all) will the smoothness and comfort of the ride be affected?

The wheel in question is the Crimson Myrtle Leon (silver) in 22".

Thanks,
Sunny.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Dear All,

I have a BMW 730d with standard 18" wheels on there, and I am thinking of putting 22" wheels on it.

This means the profile will go down from 50 to 25 (I *think* thats what the guy said, anyway) - How much (if at all) will the smoothness and comfort of the ride be affected?

The wheel in question is the Crimson Myrtle Leon (silver) in 22".

Thanks,
Sunny.

Will you be lowering the vehicle too? I run on 225/30 20 tyres on the front and 235/30 20 on the rear of my coupe and it's as low as it will go on coilovers.

In my honest opinion the ride is not harsh, still remains smooth but you will have to adjust your way of driving in order not to MULLER the wheels when travelling over bumps and pot holes etc:thumbsup

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am also thinking of doinf something similar with my 7. Let em know how you get on? DO you have photo's of the alloys you intend to use?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
There will be slightly increased road noise and harshness in my opinion as the less tyre profile there is then the less "suspension" the tyre has.

It is like you say alot of money to spend to find you may hate the noise or harshness. That is one of the complaints from people that have run flats, they don't like the harsher ride they give.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, ive bought them and put them on my car and...

THEY'RE FINE! :D

Only a slight bit of difference, but no way would you think you were sitting on tyres with a profile as low as 25!

5mm Spacers were needed at the front though, because the two front wheels were scraping against both the suspension (all the time) and against the plastic (on full lock).

·
Registered
236 Posts
:jaw-dropping They look awesome.. Fill the arches nicely just like wheels should! You must be very pleased (albeit a little out of pocket!!) must of cost a fortune but worth it! .. Sweet :thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.