BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further to my post below;

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f125/2007-e93-335i-eml-light-t51242/

I thought I would let any owners of twin-turbo 335i's (N54) know there is a service bulletin out regarding the wastegate chatter you may experience below 3k revs on the over-run. Sounds like an exhaust rattle.

Been annoying me for a while, it now puts the EML Reduced Power light on.

The bulletin suggests a re-code, and then replacement turbo's to cure the issue.

Hopefully, for any of you coming to the end of warranty, this may help you get the work done before any bills :thumbsup

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Nice one Mr Vorny :thumbsup

Pity they don't do SI for 500s :hihi. Maybe they do, SI no. 176 ' Please return the car for you pennies back ' :rofl
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl Hey, I think that Mark's 500 is more valuable than that Neal..:thumbsup

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one Mr Vorny :thumbsup

Pity they don't do SI for 500s :hihi. Maybe they do, SI no. 176 ' Please return the car for you pennies back ' :rofl
No mate, that would be SI no.1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, my Aug56 335i coupe has just had the software update and new actuators. Still had the rattle. Dealer said they would put new turbos on but i could still drive it bring it back on the 20th. Driving from garage it went into limp mode. Took it back. They could not clear the limp mode so have kept it in. Waiting to here what’s up. I guess they will just change the turbos now. (3months before used car warrantee runs out)
Didnt have chance to see it it had developed any lag!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Folks

I had the fix done recently on 2007 335i and it worked a treat. The sound is completely gone and the only side-effects if any so far, 200 miles of driving later, as an ever so slight delay in responsiveness of the throttle.

What I mean is the acceleration is just as good as before but theres a momentary pause before it comes, not quite enough to perhaps be described as a full-on lag, but am sure it feels slightly different to before, could be just paranoia though :)

They changed the turbos and also the software version as part of the fix.

I also had the fix done about 3 months before my warranty expires. Good timing! I wonder how much it would have cost BMW??!

·
Registered
865 Posts
They will have to do meaure test on turbo's 1st before replacement, not as simple just to change them for rattling, as wastegate on them can be adjusted for them to close and not rattle and thats what they'll do before putting new on.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They will have to do meaure test on turbo's 1st before replacement, not as simple just to change them for rattling, as wastegate on them can be adjusted for them to close and not rattle and thats what they'll do before putting new on.
They have had it for two days Shaft, not managed to resolve, and had the call today the turbo's are being done.....

They have been really noisy, I even PM'd you months ago !

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thought you had them done months ago remember you saying, atleast its all good now can give it good thrashing. Not go mine now got evo7, sold mine back to work. Had to put it back to standard, sold the larger oil coolers and bigger front intercooler on ebay.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Uh Oh, my 335i has just started rattling when the engine is cold but no error codes showing . . . . Yet.:frown

Still in warranty for over a year so no rush as no performance loss.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts