BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi am fairly new to these cars have the above 56 plate 320d saloon manual box, and keeps beeping with the red flat tyre warning on the dash, now all tyres are fine and have been repeatedly checked!! then that goes away and the abs orange warning light comes on and that beeps as well, no idea why!! has never done it before but this last week or so is every time you get in it, obviously i have been driving as little as possible, however i cant do without the car and need it most days, now i do all my own servicing, brakes, timing pretty much anything tbh but these are new to me, anyone give me a heads up as to why the tyre thing wont go away when they are all clearly fine ad it must be related to abs as they both come on at same time!!

any and all help appreciated

Grant

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so i have managed to get up some of these cc-id codes to get more information and have googled them to another site to find out exactly what they are, and are as follows

cc-id 42 dsc control system/ride height adjustment ?? this comes up as a pictures of the (abs)
cc-id 50 runflat indicator failed comes up as exclamation mark (!) but dont have runflat tyres anymore as have m3 alloys and tyres fitted now ??
cc-id 175 and this one states transmission malfunction, position p which i think is a new one today? so what do these actually mean does anyone know as i want rid of them lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK is the obd 2 port in drivers foot well?
As i said the trye low indicator has never been on before, as i have m3 wheels and tyres and not run flats anymore but when this abs light came on so did the others all at same time, so does sound like one possibly is triggering the others? but possibly a sensor, where exactly are the abs sensons?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have just plugged it in and was expecting something like a speed abs sensor or the like, and has come up with P1278 POWERTRAIN??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems reading about that a blocked egr valve or swirl flaps what ever they are has caused this code in the past, but doesint seem related to an abs fault. i dont suppose taking off the egr valve and giving it a proper clean would be a bad thing, but i was expecting an abs sensor of some sort with the orange abs light on the dash?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also just cam across this

OBD-II Trouble Code Description for P1278 BMW

Cylinder #8 High To Low Side Open

OBD-II Trouble Code Description for P1278 BMW

Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Circuit High Voltage

PSA OBD-II Trouble Code Description for P1278 BMW

Cylinder #8 High to Low open

1 - 10 of 10 Posts