BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My 2006 330D has decided not to start this morning, was fine yesterday, when I push the start button it brings up the symbol for the Glowplugs (curly wire?), I have plugged in an OBD scanner but it is not showing any faults.

Any thoughts? Could it be battery related? Although I don't have any real reason to think it is the issue.

·
Registered
489 Posts
if it is spinning well then not battery,can you take glowplugs out, then you can test them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it is spinning well then not battery,can you take glowplugs out, then you can test them.
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
It doesn't get as far as turning over, hit the start button and then it pings up the glow plug symbol, I'm going to try jumping it from my wife's car (I'm at work now) and if that helps it start I will carry out a recharge of the battery, new glow plugs fitted a few months back so "shouldn't" faulty??

·
Super Moderator
3,645 Posts
First check the battery voltage with multimeter. It it's OK (>12 V) one alternative is failed engine ground cable. To rule this out you can connect jumper cable from engine block to engine bay ground point.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
+1 on the battery.
Cold will finish off an old battery if it's not 100% with no warning at all sometimes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your replies,

I connected my CTEK battery charger to the car this morning and had it on charge until about 45 mins ago (about 10 hrs) and good news it started first time, will keep topping it for up once a week while the cold weather is with us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts