BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced or experiencing problems with their gearbox. I'm having difficulties in selecting gears and it doesn't matter what speed I'm doing and whether the box is hot or cold.

The car has already been to two dealers and neither of them can get to the bottom of the problem. I'm starting to wonder whether there is a design/manufacturing issue with this particular model of car.

Any help or advice would be gratefully as I'm getting fed up with this car.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Most likely a problem with the automatic adjusting clutch.

Have you tried pumping the clutch pedal then putting into gear?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has been tried by the dealer it was suggested that the slave and master cylinders should be replaced. However before this was decided I had been to a previous dealer who was looking into the problem for me before I got fed up with them. During the time I was with them they decided to replace my gearbox twice along with two clutches and a flywheel. None of this fixed the problem hence moving to another dealer to see if they had any other ideas. Since then they have replaced the gearbox making it the third plus installing a modified clutch and flywheel and as mentioned above the slave and master cylinders.

I was told by a BMW Master Technician that if I could not get it into gear first time around then to stop the engine and try again with the engine off, if it went into gear without an problems then the issue was with the clutch, however they have changed the clutch and still this doesn't make an difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts