BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try and keep this simple. I have a 320d Touring (e91?), and for the past couple of months notice the auto climate control is not working properly. I can set it to auto, dial on the dash to 'red' for warm air at say 21 degrees and the fans will speed up and blow 'cold' air at the windscreen and never really gets warm, and fan doesn't reduce speed. Cold outside, say 6 degrees so left it 30 mins like that thinking it was just cold and still warming up but no difference.

But, if i set it to manual, and increase the temp to say 25 degrees then warm air comes out and all is good. Only when on auto setting do i have this problem, but not all the time, sometimes it works just fine.

Lost for diagnosing the problem. If it did it all the time I thought it might be easier to diagnose. Aircon is off by the way. Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Have you ever had the windscreen replaced in this car?

If memory serves there is a sensor stuck to the glass, inside the rear view mirror trim. You get alsorts of problems with climate control when these play up because the car thinks the screen is misting up and alters the temperatures etc to demist.

If you have had the cscreen replaced with non-gen they often don't replace these sensors as they chould but try to stick the old one back on. They also need initialising..

Hope that's some help,

MH

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most of these condensation sensors come fitted to the aftermarket screens nowadays MH :thumbsup. Mind you bet you they are Pilkington anyway :hihi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts