BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My girlfriend has recently purchased a 55 plate E90 330i M Sport. It has the i-drive satnav with bluetooth. My girlfriend has the new 3g i-phone and believe it or not with all that technology both in the phone and in the car we cannot get the phone to connect. My Nokia connects fine.
Is there anybody out there that can shed any light on this?
The BMW salesman who sold her the car, tried but failed and when I asked for any suggestions he basically said he did not know. He suggested booking it in to there service department. This may still fail.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Hi,

My girlfriend has recently purchased a 55 plate E90 330i M Sport. It has the i-drive satnav with bluetooth. My girlfriend has the new 3g i-phone and believe it or not with all that technology both in the phone and in the car we cannot get the phone to connect. My Nokia connects fine.
Is there anybody out there that can shed any light on this?
The BMW salesman who sold her the car, tried but failed and when I asked for any suggestions he basically said he did not know. He suggested booking it in to there service department. This may still fail.

Thanks for reading.

There is a list by model and year on the BMW.CO.UK website of compatable phones. Have you checked this list, my guess being as it's so new then it is not compatable ?
The list gives full compatability, full use of screen menu's etc, and then basic compatability.

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
Daz, what "version" is your girlfriends I phone on?

I don't know how to check it but I remember people updating there I phone to version 2 and it no longer worked with the bimmer but it used to! They figured out a work around but you have to download something to the phone itself and it works.

I'll try and find the thread for ya..... or search the forum for iphone, i-phone. Cheers! Red!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers very much. I will check that out. So annoying that the new i-phone will not connect to a BMW 3 Series. Would appreciate it if you find out any more info on this.

Daz van man

·
Registered
14 Posts
My girlfriend has the i-phone 3g and i connected it yesterday to 57 plate 355i coupe idrive with no problems at all, every number etc went across.

I'll check when she's home what version is on her phone but i'd put money it's the latest she's always got it connected to itunes for music etc.

Off the top of my head on the phone i went to

-general
-bluetooth
-find devices (something like that)
-bmw**** came up
-entered a pin
-all worked

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought an iPhone at the weekend, which is running the latest software. I have it connected to my E91 55 325i.

First attempt was just to go to the phone list screen in iDrive and get my iPhone to search, with no joy. I then disabled bluetooth on the iDrive, turned it back on and went to the phone list again. Then got the iPhone to search for it a second time it worked. Not sure what was up the first time, but this might be worth a shot.

Dexter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.