BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would be best for my E90 325i Castrol Edge Sport 0W-40 or Castrol Edge 5W-30W Edge Sport is £5/4L cheaper.
Halfords doing both with free Pro Screwdriver set (below) for each 4L purchased

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
Hi apollo when i was in a stealers getting a uranus service the Castrol Edge (i think it was edge) LL04 5w 30w was plastered all over the place with display bootles, leaflets and cards.

When I phoned to enquire about my oil type prior to service they saud 5w 30w.

I would imagine if you went to the stealer, they would use that oil in your car.... Hope it helps, nice screwdriver set! Red :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you go to Castrols web site, and tap in your car details they tell you what is best for your car.

I use 0 40 edge sport,the car runs alot better than,what ever there was in it previous

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
The only reason 0 - 40 is better is it can cope with extreme weather conditions, from below freezing to very high temperatures, we don't get extreme weather here so I cannot see the reason to use 0 - 40 oil.... Like every one else in business, marketing ploys are used to fool people into buying the most expensive when they can quite happily use the cheaper item :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok maybe not to all peeps taste but
National are doing a cracking deal at the mo on a oil change
Tap in your reg..

My 330D comes in at £34 using Castrol edge 5-30 (7 litres) and if you book online you get an extra 10% off

http://www.national.co.uk/index.asp
The reason why it is priced this way is because the oil comes in barrels for them and is cheaper than buying individual quarts. Also, the filter is a pattern part...overall, it is worth it :thumbsup...but I would be worried about torques used :shifty:...:hihi

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.