BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has just bought an E90 320i 2005. He's had it for just over a week. Today he went to start it up as normal, but the remote fob won't fit into the ignition lock. He can start the car etc, but the remote won't slide into the lock and we don't feel like forcing it. A warning light comes up on the dash (a orange key with a diagonal line through it), which the manual suggest 'convient access' selected. However we don't think the car has that option. The other remote does the same.

Are we doing something stupid, or is there a problem with the remote/lock :confused

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorted. After finding out my wife had pulled out the fob (not pushing in first), after parking up the car last night, we decided to force the fob in place :jaw-dropping. It clicked in place and remote & ignition lock works fine now :thumbsup

·
Registered
220 Posts
That orange key with diagonal line also means wrong key...found that out when I tried to put my key into my wife's car :blush
;)

This happens at least 10 times a week in our House, more my wife than I - even though I have a 3inch bottle opener on my key. Women!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.