BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to see Mike tomorrow to get my car remapped. I'm taking a 4 hour round trip, so I'm really looking forward to the drive home!

Although this isnt a review as yet, I can say nothing but good things about Mike. I tend to get wound up by companies who advertise email addresses but then never reply, and you do tend to find it more with small companies, however, Mike was always quick to respond, and was very helpful during the booking process.

Standby for an update tomorrow.

I'm now off to clean the car, a I dont want to embarrass myself!

:thumbsup

Jamie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, what a day!

Firstly I'd like to say a massive Thank You to Motech for a great service, and fantastic product.

The return journey was great.. Unfortunately most of it was single A roads, and overtaking opportunities on a Friday afternoon are few and far between, however there were a couple and the power just lays down really nice.
The most notabe one was cruising behind a truck at 45mph in 5th, see an opportunity and go for the overtake, no change down and the power just built smoothly and before you know it I'm at 80 and overtaking a second lorry 60 meters ahead with ease. Before the remap I would have had to change down in order to gather the speed quick enough.

I also decided to reset the MPG trip on the journey there, and the journey back, and the drive home was 3mpg better, even with an experimental right foot.

I shall update again in a few days once I have lived with it for a while, but so far, all I can say is that I am nothing but happy with my new car! I am now about to take the wife out for a spin and prove to her how much better the car is now...

Thanks again

Jamie

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Well, what a day!

Firstly I'd like to say a massive Thank You to Motech for a great service, and fantastic product.

The return journey was great.. Unfortunately most of it was single A roads, and overtaking opportunities on a Friday afternoon are few and far between, however there were a couple and the power just lays down really nice.
The most notabe one was cruising behind a truck at 45mph in 5th, see an opportunity and go for the overtake, no change down and the power just built smoothly and before you know it I'm at 80 and overtaking a second lorry 60 meters ahead with ease. Before the remap I would have had to change down in order to gather the speed quick enough.

I also decided to reset the MPG trip on the journey there, and the journey back, and the drive home was 3mpg better, even with an experimental right foot.

I shall update again in a few days once I have lived with it for a while, but so far, all I can say is that I am nothing but happy with my new car! I am now about to take the wife out for a spin and prove to her how much better the car is now...

Thanks again

Jamie
Thanks again mate..

Get some free time and fit that filter :hihi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts