BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 320d has suddenly developed a fairly loud, and very annoying rattle somewhere inside the dashboard. Mainly it occurs when the car is idling - I guess the extra vibration caused when the engine is idling sets off the rattle. I want to gain access to the dash to see if there's an obvious cause. I can see how to get the speedo binicle out. Is there an easy way to remove the radio/climate control housing to see what's going on behind there? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a thought. The rattle started immediately after I had the car serviced on Wednesday. I spoke to the garage who said the only thing he removed was the engine cover, so I'll check it out tomorrow. Hope you're right!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news. Turns out it was the plastic engine cover. Amazing how it sounded like it was the dash rattling. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the update Saggy :thumbsup...post will be marked as FIXED.
You can always count on Ronnie...he could sense the disturbance of the force in that rattle...just like a jedi master...:rofl

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Thanks for the update Saggy :thumbsup...post will be marked as FIXED.
You can always count on Ronnie...he could sense the disturbance of the force in that rattle...just like a jedi master...:rofl
:rofl

I had the same question the other day on here in the 1 section, was engine cover as reported by the OP :hihi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts