BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well thanks to neal p and lewy ive been convinced to get some black grills and here is the end result.:cool

Comparing the chrome to black.

End result

Chris

Reactions: Lewy_T and xXNealXx

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont tempt me lol :hihi

·
Registered
387 Posts
mean mean mean love it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks great mate makes the front end look much meaner

I don't dislike the chrome, just think black grilles freshen up the front end of a black car, i think black grilles don't suit blue or red cars personally
I got a mauritius blue e36 coupe with black grilles and it looks loads better than the chrome

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks very smooth sir! :thumbsup are they Oem?
Yeah they are oem they are BMW Performance grills didnt want to get a copy set im quite fussy :hihi

Chris

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really like it mate:thumbsup I was thinking of doing the same... how much did it cost you for the new grill ??
All in all it was 60 pound found these on ebay brand new guy didnt think they suited the colour of his car so i think i got quite a bargain :thumbsup

Thanks for all the feedback guys may have to get the stena line booked and get over for a meet :thumbsup

Chris

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Why does everyone not like the chrome? Never understood this.
I'm not a fan of chrome, I associate it with old cars, same as wood, :yuck

For me in my eyes you either make your car look more modern by ditching the chrome and wood, or go for the "retro" look and have chrome, so with a old Mini, chrome bumpers, chrome grill, mirrors, wood dash e.t.c. When I see a "proper" Mini(not a BMW:shifty:) with Group 5 arches, big Minilite wheels, Recaros and a nice metallic paint job, but with chrome bumpers and grill, I just think it ruins what could be a much nicer example.

Chrome is like Marmite for some, :hihi

·
Registered
297 Posts
All in all it was 60 pound found these on ebay brand new guy didnt think they suited the colour of his car so i think i got quite a bargain :thumbsup

Thanks for all the feedback guys may have to get the stena line booked and get over for a meet :thumbsup

Chris
Sound. Well like I said, I think they look sweet :thumbsup Spoke to the wife last night "you are not changing the grill". Any tips for persuading her that black is a good idea? Your pics didnt seal the deal unfortunately :frown

Is it an easy job to swap them round?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sound. Well like I said, I think they look sweet :thumbsup Spoke to the wife last night "you are not changing the grill". Any tips for persuading her that black is a good idea? Your pics didnt seal the deal unfortunately :frown

Is it an easy job to swap them round?
Say improves resale value or something :hihi or just do it and hope she doesnt notice?haha but its a cheap enough mod that does heaps for the car just say its better you spendin it on the car than beer.

Yeah simple enough im guessing the e46 is similar to the e90 just give em a good yank with pressure and they pop straight out.

Chris

1 - 20 of 35 Posts