BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I`m looking to replace my badly worn cloth drivers seat. The wear is due to previous owner and is most noticeable on the seam of seat back, being rubbed on entry and exit. I have purchased a professionally re-upholstered used interior which has sports seats from the same year, 2005. The electrical connections under the seats are slightly different however, in as much as the seat has a` seat back width adjustment`. (mine does not have this switch)
Also,there seems to be an extra wire leading to a ribbon connector in the passenger seat, what is this?
I would really appreciate someone with superior knowledge offering some tips for
the removal of existing and fitting of the new seats, as I intend to tackle the job myself.
cheers, Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ronnie, yes the extra wire is only on passenger seat and it goes to a connector that you can feel under vinyl part of seat rear. It`s about size of a key fob, just wondering what it would be for.
Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A bit of probing under the fabric has revealed possibly a pressure pad? I`ve read about this somewhere, it sends a message to inflate airbags differently if a child is on front seat?
I think!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
That is the occupancy pressure pad. It will detect a passenger and enable the SRS system for that side. If you do work on the seats, then make sure you disconnect the battery first :thumbsup
:thumbsup

Tis what I was going to say :hihi

Your car has a dual stage airbag system, the occupancy sensor measures the weight in the passenger seat and fires the airbag to suit :cool

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys!
The new sports seats have a `width adjustment` switch, anyone know how this works?
Will there be a spare socket for this under my non-sports original seats?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.