BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy S phone in a few months and was wondering if i can fit a Parrot Ck3100 in the 1 series and be able to use the steering wheel controls.

Does anyone know if this will work. I know it's done loads on the e46's but not heard of it being done on the E87.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've done it :hihi. Wouldn't bother with the steering wheel CAN unit because that just controls the volume and answer buttons.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No worries, pics below:

Now you see it...

Now you don't...

MIC hidden as well...

Can't really tell if the car has BT fitted :hihi. Only fidgety part is locating the ISO and Parrot box behind the HU, but I can tell you how it's done when you come round to fitting it :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for that neal i will give you a shout in a few weeks when i come round to it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've done it :hihi. Wouldn't bother with the steering wheel CAN unit because that just controls the volume and answer buttons.
Do you have to press the buttons on the display located in the ashtray to answer calls or does it automatically answer and hang up? I would like to be able to answer, speak and hang up without taking my hands off the steering wheel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes mate, you can have it on auto answer for incoming calls and will hang up after the caller hangs up. It has voice commands, and you don't have to look at the screen when you dial a number either. Which is why I thought the extra for steering wheel CAN is a waste of time.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yer it ticks all the boxes. What do you use to control the volume radio or steering wheel?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Knob on the CK3100. It is multifunctional...rotate left or right, push to engage...all done with voice from the unit so no looking down :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neal I have just recieved my kit and am now thinking about fitting it. If its not to much trouble could you give me some pointers to enable me to do the stealth fit in the ash tray.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Take the ashtray compartment out because you won't need it. Drill a hole at the base of the empty compartment using a 6mm drill bit. You will need to dismantle the LCD display unit and remove the little white connector so that you can feed it from behind from the already dismantled centre console. Remember that this is a split trim and will come out separately. Now you can assemble the connector back to the LCD unit and job done waiting to be plugged into the Parrot box :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice one sounds simple I will get a how-to of the install when i do it.
I am also going to be splicing a new cigarette lighter into the existing cable under the centre consol so i can run 2 cables into the arm rest to be able to charge the phones all stealth with out loosing the visible cigarette lighters. Looks like i have going a lot of dash to take apart then.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right all installed but when i set the volume and turn it off everything resets. I have connected the red wire to the cigarete lighter. What wire is connected to a permanent live?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts