BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. A mate of mine has a 2005 120d and asked me to look at it .Basically
it keeps losing power, i used my diagnostic and it came up with airlfow sensor so replaced that but no change so refitted old one, as fault code kept appearing with new one too.

Also noticed when stationary and lift revs to 2500rpm the car feels hestitant then next minute the revs shoot up. I have removed EGR and cleaned unit which made things tiny bit better but not right.Also replaced the EGR valve vacuum solenoid and lastly replaced the breather in cam cover for the vortex type.

I have read about this fault on net and it sounds fairly common. Lastly a mate has autologic and we even checked the operation of wastegate and that was fine althought the readings stated it was overboosting slightly too.

Any tips to try would be great thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, i did think about airleak but when driving it doesnt do it all the time. Think its going to be worth getting the smoke pro machine on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this problem with my 120d. It was the wastegate and it was intermittant. Sometimes it would pull like a train, as it should, then it would be like you were actually pulling the train... Then it would be fine for an entire trip, then it would do it constantly for ten minutes, etc.

New wastegate was replaced under warranty and had no issues since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts