BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, big hello! new to the forum. I've just chopped in my Golf GT TDI 130 pdi for a 2005 118d (122) in black and am really missing the performance of the Golf. I didn't think i'd notice the 8 bhp drop, but have to say the 118d feels so slow by comparison.

Im at the point were i wish i'd opted for the 120d but that's that. So i thought my best option would be to try and boost the power somehow.

Could any of you guys offer any advice on the best way forward ie chip, remap...etc. My local tuners want £399 for a remap, which i thought was very expensive. I've seen them from £200 but not locally. Anyone know anywhere in my area?

Much appreciated!

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Hi guys, big hello! new to the forum. I've just chopped in my Golf GT TDI 130 pdi for a 2005 118d (122) in black and am really missing the performance of the Golf. I didn't think i'd notice the 8 bhp drop, but have to say the 118d feels so slow by comparison.

Im at the point were i wish i'd opted for the 120d but that's that. So i thought my best option would be to try and boost the power somehow.

Could any of you guys offer any advice on the best way forward ie chip, remap...etc. My local tuners want £399 for a remap, which i thought was very expensive. I've seen them from £200 but not locally. Anyone know anywhere in my area?

Much appreciated!
We do a good number of 118d's.. There very dull and unresponsive as a stock car.. We offer 14 days money back.. try before you buy and the offer of a free filter is still on.. £250 all in..

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also looking at this for my 318d registered in June 2010 (143bhp).

Could you let me know what options I have pls? I've searched the forum and some posts have said the ECU needs to be opened up to remap, others say it can be done through the port (+switchable).

New to the forum and trying not to repeat a question already raised, but I've viewed so many threads on/around this topic, I feel I'm going round in circles....

·
1,227 Posts
Hi mate , the later cars are locked out in short so can't be mapped via the port.. Some slipped through the net in short. As your only in northampton best to do is pop over and let's try via the port .

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Mike.

Not long had the car, so I'll run it for a couple of weeks first. Keep remembering the difference a remap made to my previous car which is tempting me to do the same to this one......:D

Sounds like whilst there's a slim chance it'll take a remap, it most likely won't & I'm not keen on opening the ECU.

·
1,227 Posts
Thanks Mike.

Not long had the car, so I'll run it for a couple of weeks first. Keep remembering the difference a remap made to my previous car which is tempting me to do the same to this one......:D

Sounds like whilst there's a slim chance it'll take a remap, it most likely won't & I'm not keen on opening the ECU.

HI mate...

keep me up todate.

and fingers crossed that we can via the port..

Thanks

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts