BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
thought i introduce myself to the forum.

Just picked up my first BMW and its a 750i Sport.

few queries.

RE the Audio:
the cd changer, is there a way to keep the random option on permanently as at the moment, it resets everytime i start the car up.
also, does the random only work on a cd or on the entire cd changer?

RE Sat Nav:
can i only partially enter postcodes into the system? I've looked through manual and it seems that i can only put in half the post code then the street name. a full postcode entry would be very useful for me as some of the places are on A or B roads and are on "unnamed" roads.

I'm sure i'll have more queries as ownership continues, but these are the niggles i have at present.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi. There are some annoying settings on the 7 like you describe. The 'random' function resets itself as you say and I haven't found a way of setting this by default and mine only works on the current disc, not the whole cd changer too. The most annoying thing for me is that the sports suspension setting isn't remembered and resets back to 'comfort' every time the car is started, when I want it to be on 'sport' most of the time.

I think that full Post code entry can be upgraded with the latest nav computer software, but I haven't done this yet (only had the car 2 months). I'll look into it in the next few weeks. Maybe between us we can work it out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hayne.

my car isnt too far off a service (3k), so will enquire then about what i can do to resolve these problems.

does anyone know waht options can be retro fitted to the car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.