BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After gutting my DPF the car runs better than ever but I realise that it has to be reprogrammed or reset. Could you recommend someone who could reset the engine diagnostics etc as I've read on here that it is a requirement, or do you think that I should get a replacement DPF at a great cost.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
From an ecological perspective you should get a new DPF. They are there for a reason. Think of the planet. Its the only one we've got. You know it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have to agree having researched quite a bit - you also need to be mindful that next years MOT rules look set to introduce a way to test any car for back pressures, so not just a visual check for the DPF, as per now - if they aren't scarmongering, there will be a lot of people falling foul of this.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You seen all the news articles about some cities wanting to ban diesels completely? The UK won't doing anything of course. Historically we've never been ones to look after our citizenry but the research keeps piling up and eventually there won't be a choice.

I'm going to start hoarding old BMW V8s. I think they'll be a good investment for when the 535D is illegal. :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You can get pattern DPF's - rather cheaper than the genuine ones, but probably wont last very long - at least in my experience of pattern CATs!!

I am not sure how much the Mot's are set to change, but to be fair, I am surprised that they haven't tightened up on DPF gutting/deletion before. Another option for you might be a s/h DPF. They can be cleaned effectively by heat treatment - which is usually what HGV vehicles use, there are firms such as Ceramex who clean and certificate them, they should be almost as good as new afterwards.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
bahaha, chuck an extra £2k on for the aftermarket gas kit....

Don't you start giving these law makers ideas - amount I've chucked at this thing making it 'right' will send me into depression, seeing what the alternatives are - F11's are still 15k for a 150k'er! :eek:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You can get pattern DPF's - rather cheaper than the genuine ones, but probably wont last very long - at least in my experience of pattern CATs!!

I am not sure how much the Mot's are set to change, but to be fair, I am surprised that they haven't tightened up on DPF gutting/deletion before. Another option for you might be a s/h DPF. They can be cleaned effectively by heat treatment - which is usually what HGV vehicles use, there are firms such as Ceramex who clean and certificate them, they should be almost as good as new afterwards.
Yip - Eurocarparts have 30% off for today only...be quick or else you'll miss it! Right in time for the 29.99999% off tomorrow :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had my dpf taken out of my 08 530d 4 years ago and i had it re mapped.
Got the ecosystem from Stan in Glasgow - a straight through pipe with a dummy one for the mot. I remapped it using the ecosystem economy map at a quoted 250 ish hp and dpf delete supplied as art of the kit.
I've recently be wresting with my conscious about this and talks of mot changes has re focused my mind.

So I am going back to the dpf.

I'm in Bristol. I'd want a good certified quality reconned dpf fitted and the car mapped to have the dpf coded back in and to give a bit above the 231hp.

What options are out there to get this done right?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,497 Posts
I had my dpf taken out of my 08 530d 4 years ago and i had it re mapped.
Got the ecosystem from Stan in Glasgow - a straight through pipe with a dummy one for the mot. I remapped it using the ecosystem economy map at a quoted 250 ish hp and dpf delete supplied as art of the kit.
I've recently be wresting with my conscious about this and talks of mot changes has re focused my mind.

So I am going back to the dpf.

I'm in Bristol. I'd want a good certified quality reconned dpf fitted and the car mapped to have the dpf coded back in and to give a bit above the 231hp.

What options are out there to get this done right?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Bwchiptune would be the one to ask about reactivating the DPF software you will find him in the vendors section

1 - 9 of 9 Posts