BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 535d that has started to leave a small amount of black residue on the driveway each morning. I have checked under the car and it seems to be coming from a square raised section of the undertray by the passenger front wheel.

I took it back to the garage where it was recently serviced and they say it is a leak between the turbo and..... (my wife went to the garage)

the upshot is, the mechanic has cleaned everything up and refitted the seal, but has stated if it happens again it may need a new seal, or new pipe?

does anyone have any idea what the cause was/ is and if so how much I am looking at to repair - I know it is all pretty vague and I apologise.

Car is 2005 just done 50k and if it does need work, will go back to an independent.

Many thanks

PH

·
Registered
865 Posts
Which seal are you fitting? Is it the larger round seal that fits to end of metal pipe from cooler? Will need tt check and poss change your breather, looks to have excessive pressure. If have on plastic type change to paper/foam type.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.